What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

01 April 2010

Cheap Gems Happened

Several bloggers predicted it, a large drop in the raw gem value as 3.3.3 happened due to honor changes (anaaliusgoldhunt, but others too). 

I have noticed a small reduction in prices recently on most gems - with a noticable absence of Eye of Zul.  From this I assume that the majority of gems are coming from a non-random source - which suggests either (A) the number of alchemists have exploded, or (B and more likely) PVP'ers are trading in honor.  I will have to specifically check the cost of PVP cuts.

Now I am not a toon that keeps a lot (by goblin standards) of gold on hand - my primary banker had 15k. 

But tonight - the cost of gems have plummeted.  Cardinal Rubies (normally selling uncut ~185g) have been offered in trade - in bulk - for 130g each.  Similar prices have been offered on other uncut gems - Dreadstone 70g (vs 135g normally)., but still only a few Eye of Zul.  AH prices are still 'depressed' being the 165g for a Cardinal ruby, and only in small quantities , but not the crazy prices in trade.

This makes me regret not having more 'liquid' gold on my bankers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)